Jakarta, September 25, 2017 – Legendary motorcycle brand, Royal Enfield, through its exclusive dealer PT Distributor Motor Indonesia (DMI) invites custom builders in the country to participate in a custom motorcycle competition, RE-BUILD: The Classic Challenge 2017. The competition has been officially announced at Saturday Night Market event, September 16, 2017 at Royal Enfield exclusive store, Pejaten, South Jakarta.
“Through this program, we want to provide opportunities for custom builders to demonstrate their creativity. If they pass the selection, they will be able to enrich their portfolio by showcasing their work at Kustomfest, one of the largest annual custom-culture festivals in Indonesia that will take place in Jogjakarta. With a unique design philosophy, hands-on character, and simple frameworks, Royal Enfield motorcycle has long been recognized as an interesting canvas that draws the attention of custom builders around the world to explore and create their best works,” said Ade Sulistioputra, Managing Director of PT Distributor Motor Indonesia, in a press release today.
Details of RE-BUILD: The Classic Challenge 2017 competition as follows;
- Participants can register and submit the RE-BUILD custom design along with explanation of concept, cost and builder portfolio through link: ly/rebuild2017. The base model of Royal Enfield motorcycles that can be customized including Classic, Bullet, Continental GT, and Rumbler.
- The design should retain the original DNA or character of Royal Enfield motorcycle. Participants can submit more than 1 concept.
- The 8 best concepts from the selected builders will be announced at Instagram @royalenfieldid and will be contacted via email / phone on October 4, 2017.
- 8 selected builders will present their concept at Royal Enfield Booth at Kustomfest 2017 on October 7-8, 2017, in Jogjakarta. (Transportation and accommodation will be borne by PT Distributor Motor Indonesia). Kustomfest Festival involves all elements of Indonesia’s custom culture activists and global custom industry players, featuring the best custom works as a reflection of Indonesia’s cultural treasures.
- The 4 best selected concepts from 8 presented concepts will be announced at Kustomfest 2017 on October 8, 2017.
- The judges consist of: media, Lulut Wahyudi (Retro Classic Cycles), and PT. Distributor Motor Indonesia. The assessment of concepts and designs includes creativity, functionality, tidiness, and cost-effectiveness.
- Submission will be closed on September 27, 2017.
- Decision of PT Distributor Motor Indonesia is absolute and inviolable.
Based on the assessment results, 4 selected builders are entitled to RE-BUILD: The Classic Challenge 2017 trophies and PT Distributor Motor Indonesia will provide 4 units of Royal Enfield motorcycles according to the chosen builder concepts and modification fees to each builder. The works of these builders will be showcased in the Anniversary of PT Distributor Motor Indonesia in 2018 as well as in other Royal Enfield activities.